We can import your data into AgencySmart if you have it in any electronic format, whether it’s a database, Excel spreadsheet, or Act database. If you can provide your data in a single spreadsheet and your data is clean and consistent, we perform the conversion free of charge. This document outlines our guidelines for the format of the spreadsheet and how the data should be laid out.
The list of fields (columns in the spreadsheet) that can be imported into AgencySmart is included near the end of the document. The order of the columns is not important, so feel free to include information about your clients in any order. You can also use your own column headings, but please be descriptive enough, so our technicians know how to handle data in each column.
If you want to avoid conversion charges, please make sure that these requirements are fulfilled:
- Please provide your data in a single spreadsheet. We cannot process data from multiple spreadsheets with different layouts.
- Include each record on a separate row of the spreadsheet. If a client has multiple policies, include each policy on a separate row and list the company name for each policy. Do not spread the policy information over multiple rows. If a client has multiple agent splits, include each agent’s name and split in a separate column, but on the same row as the policy.
- Make sure there are no duplicate clients or prospects. Your data will be imported as-is, so you will have to remove duplicates in AgencySmart. For companies with multiple plans, make sure that the spelling of the company name is identical for all plans.
- Make sure that the data in each column is consistent. If a column contains carrier names, make sure that each carrier is spelled the same. Carriers “Aetna” and “Aetna, Inc.” will be treated as separate companies. Also, if for example, a column contains renewal dates, please do not include any other data in it.
If your data does not conform to these guidelines, an additional “data cleanup” charge may be incurred. The amount of this charge depends on how much cleanup is required.
If you can’t provide your data in a single spreadsheet, we will evaluate the complexity of your current database and will provide you with a price quote prior to starting the conversion process.
Please refer to the illustrations on the next page to see how your data needs to be laid out to be imported free of charge.
- Company Name (group clients only)
- Client Status (Active, Prospect, Terminated, etc.)
- Client Type (group/individual)
- Name Prefix (Mr, Ms, Mrs, Dr, etc.)
- Contact Name
- Birth Date
- Gender (M, F, Male, Female)
- Mailing Address (address1, address2, city, state, zip)
- Office Phone
- Office Phone ext
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Lead Source Type
- Termination Date
- Termination Reason
- Total Employees (group clients only)
- Group Size (group clients only)
- Continuation Type (group clients only)
- Incorporation Date (group clients only)
- Federal ID (group clients only)
- Industry (group clients only)
- SIC Code (group clients only)
- NAICS code (group clients only)
- Last Contact Date
- Plan Type
- Plan Status
- Renewal Status (New, Renewal, BOR)
- General Agent
- Plan Design
- Plan Network
- Policy Number
- Effective Date
- Renewal Date
- Action Month
- Insured First Name (individual clients only)
- Insured Last Name (individual clients only)
- Waiting Period
- Payment Cycle
- Policy Name
- Contribution Type
- Number of Single Enrollments
- Number of Husband/Wife Enrollments
- Number of Parent/Child Enrollments
- Number of Family Enrollments
- Number of Waivers
- Single Rate
- Husband/Wife Rate
- Parent/Child Rate
- Family Rate
- Total Enrollments (group clients only)
- Monthly Premium
- Annual Premium
- Commission Rate
- Gross Commission
- Override Rate
- Gross Override
- Agent Splits